The Summer Session will look different than all other sessions we’ve had previously as we navigate through opening during Phase Two in Virginia. Here are the specific measures we are taking for safety:
- Parents will not be allowed to stay in the building. Students will be dropped off at the front door and can be walked to the end of the ramp. Upon entering, all students’ temperatures will be taken using a non-contact thermometer. If the student’s temperature is 100.4 or above, students will not be allowed to attend class and must return home. Once allowed in, students will put on hand sanitizer or, if preferred, can go to the utility sinks to wash their hands for 20 seconds. Students should arrive five minutes before class begins to give them time to place their belongings in the designated storage areas.
- The main lobby, room 2, and secondary lobby will be converted into storage areas. There will be designated spots for students to place their outside shoes/belongings. Students must wear outside shoes into the building and change into their dance shoes while in their designated storage area. Water fountains will be closed, so students are advised to bring their own labeled water bottle. Please do not bring food into the building.
- Each classroom has been measured and will have individual measured ‘dance squares’ for students. Students will take class dancing in their individual squares. For across the floor exercises, there will be designated spots to stand on while they wait for their turn.
- Masks can be worn during class, but are not required as we recognize it may be challenging to exercise with a mask on. Our staff member working at the front desk will be required to wear a mask at all times.
- Only three classrooms will be used. Studio 1 can hold up to 9 students, Studio 5 can hold up to 8 students, and Studio 6 can hold up to 12 students. However, even if held in Studio 6, no preschool class will exceed 10 students.
- No shared props (scarves, stuffed animals, etc.) will be used during class, and all activities that utilize hand holding or any other form of physical contact have been removed from the curriculum.
- All classes will end 10 minutes early to allow students time to exit class/the building and for teachers to sanitize all surfaces. Kids taking class in Studio 6 will exit out of the very left door. Students taking class in Studio 5 will exit out of the middle door. Students taking class in Studio 1 will exit out of the very right door. Students will be given hand sanitizer on their way out the door.
- Due to our limited class sizes, to ensure payment, we are requiring all families be enrolled in auto-pay for the Summer. Auto-pay will be run Wednesday, July 22nd, as half tuition is due the week of June 22nd and the other half the week of July 15th. If you wish to avoid the credit card fees, please make payments with cash/check before July 22nd so your account balance is 0.
- Tuition rates are final based on the session price and are not based on attendance. If a class is missed, you are welcome to make up a class via our Thursday morning or Saturday morning virtual classes. Please email us for the class code if you plan on using a virtual class as a make-up class.
**If diagnosed with COVID-19, please let our staff know IMMEDIATELY. If at any point this happens and/or we feel it is unsafe to continue classes in the studio, the season’s classes will happen online via zoom at their scheduled times for the following two weeks.**